Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to notice because of how gradually hearing loss normally advances. Even though children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less critical than your eyesight?
It’s worthwhile to have routine hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can expose potential hearing issues. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy settings? Are you constantly cranking up the volume on your TV? If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing test.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more worthwhile to call us for an appointment if hearing impairment runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations give a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing tests can detect issues early on, such as earwax accumulation or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for quick treatment and avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Inherent medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can in some cases be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, treating it may help your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and total quality of life, allowing you to fully take part in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing exam with us right away.